Elder Mckay Palmer

Elder Mckay Palmer
Scotland/Ireland Mission June 2017-June 2019

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Happy Fourth Everyone!! It's been quite a crazy week, but an amazing one too! Thursday all the English speaking missionaries went to Manchester's city square and actually did legit street contacting, and it was the scariest experiences of my entire life!! I was honestly shaking as we got there, but as we started talking to people it got way better. The craziest part about that was we seriously talked to a lady for 30 min about life and religion and a whole lot of other things haha. But it was just really cool to see her beliefs of God and how he's helped her through her life! So that was a great learning experience. I also had an amazing experience that helped me see the impact of gratitude. So one of the things we do to practice here is teach ''investigators'' who are basically just other teachers that take on the role of someone they taught on their missions. Those had been going really good and I felt really confident. Then in one of the first lessons with a girl that didn't have any knowledge of it there was a God. So we asked why she didn't believe in God, and she just asked us why bad things can happen to good people, and how could a loving God let that happen. I honestly, for the first time since I got here, had no idea what to say to that. The rest of the day I spent kinda down in the dumps cause I felt like I had let myself down... So that night I was thinking of what to pray about, and decided to just say a prayer of pure gratitude. So I thanked him for everything,   and I mean EVERYTHING! And the next day I woke up happier than I've been since I've got here! And the answer to the question came, and we were able to teach her an amazing lesson in which she now has that desire to believe! So moral of the story, gratitude really does help in every situation!! And also I've found the impact of the Sabbath. Nothing real specific, but seriously just had a ton of answers to questions that I had for investigators and myself. One of the greatest things of the week, though, was when we got our Fourth of July lunch today! We get fed way good here, but this was over the top haha(see pics for details ;) and btw that's Pres. Bunker wishing us a good Fourth of July, not Pres Trump! But seriously so grateful for my Heavenly Father and all that he does for me, and can't wait for another great week, which is also my last in the MTC! Love you all!!










Comments

Popular Posts