Elder Mckay Palmer

Elder Mckay Palmer
Scotland/Ireland Mission June 2017-June 2019

Baptism by FIRE (or boiling water)

Hey everyone!! As usual, this week was crazy! I'm only gonna talk about the baptism, cause if I included everything this would be a novel haha. So we have been very busy trying to plan the baptism this week. We had to do it down in Cork cause Waterford doesn't have a building, so we had to try and get everyone a ride for everyone, and ya it was crazy. We were planning on having both Lisa and Kristen baptised, but Thursday night we got a call from Lisa saying that an emergency had come up, and so she wouldn't be able to be baptised until the next week. We met with her Friday to try and figure it out, and so she is scheduled to be baptised this coming Saturday! So Saturday we drove down early to get everything set up. If you remember, the baptism of Dion was Freezing cold, so this time we wanted to make sure the water was warm! We started filling it up with hot water right off the bat, and then went about getting everything else set up. the baptism was supposed to start at 11:30, but we weren't able to start till closer to 12 because of people coming late. But we finally got it all started and going. The talks were great, and it was looking to be the perfect baptism! Then we went to the baptismal room for the actual baptisms. The Mutebi's, an African family in the ward, went first with the baptism of their daughter that just turned 8. He got in, but as the girl got in she kinda yelped and said something to her dad. he came over to me on the side and told me that the water was too hot. I put my foot in to see how hot, and it was Roasting! Like this was hotter than most hot tubs hot, and I didn't really know what to do. We closed the doors to the font, and all the people attending started singing hymns. We pulled the plug on the font, and started refilling it with cold water. I was also the stirrer, so for about 15 min I walked in a circle in the font to get all the water cooled down. Finally the water was cool enough to go ahead with the baptisms. It was a privilege to baptise Kristen, and I could just feel the spirit telling me that a good thing had happened. It was amazing! And yesterday I was also able to confirm her a member of the church in sacrament meeting. I'm so grateful for the amazing experiences I'm having out here on a mission, even if there is some opposition is all things haha. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 


-- 
Elder Palmer
Scotland/Ireland Mission
13 Neptune House
Canada Square
Waterford, c/o Waterford
Republic of Ireland






Comments

Popular Posts