Elder Mckay Palmer

Elder Mckay Palmer
Scotland/Ireland Mission June 2017-June 2019

Awkward family reunions

Good morning one and all!! This week has been a crazy one, but one to remember as well!! I'll do my best to cover it all and get some good stories in as well. 

So Monday I got sucked into helping everyone get moved around up here, but I did get to see a few castles which was way nice! The whole day we were going around and picking people up or looking around the city finding people that got moved without phones. It was great! And then that night I had the other Elder Palmer come and stay with me in my flat, so that was an odd coincidence! It was nice though cause I got to sleep in my own bed! Tuesday I took the 9 o'clock train to Edinburgh, and from there hopped right into meeting the new missionaries! This is a really solid group, and it was fun to talk and get to know them! We were in meetings for most of the day, and then we got assigned our companions. My new trainee is Elder Masulonis! He's from Rexburgh, and is a really cool Elder! We then spent the evening finding in Edinbugh! I always love giving these missionaries their first real finding experience in the field! Wednesday started early, and I was in another meeting all day! This one is for new leaders in the mission. Then that evening we caught a train back to Aberdeen! We didn't get back till about 10, so we were all pretty tired haha. But then we were able to get to work for the rest of the week! A really cool story was when we met a girl named Julieth. We were out finding pretty late in the evening, and we went to stop her. She tried to say she was busy, but actually stopped and answered our question. From there we were able to talk to her for about 20 min! She is very religious, and was willing to meet the next day! We were able to meet her, and had a great first lesson with her! The only problem is she left Sunday morning to Spain for a week. But she did say she wanted to meet up after and talk more about the Book of Mormon! It was just cool cause that night we were struggling to get anyone to stop, and right at the end we were blessed to see the miracle! I love this gospel and all the it gives us. I'm so excited for the opportunity I will have to listen to the leaders of the church speak to us this week, and hope we're all preparing ourselves for that! I love ya all and hope you have a great week!

--
Elder Palmer
Scotland/Ireland Mission
40 Liksfield Gardens
Aberdeen AB24 5PF

 Me and Elder Masulonis on the beach on probably the warmest day I've had on the mish!!
Poor Elder Masulonis on the train back





Letter from March 19th

Gooood morning everyone!! This week has been quite a wild ride haha. But we did have some really good moments as well!! We were able to meet with our friend Erin again this week. She is the one that has been taught in the past but then dropped the missionaries. We had our recent convert Valerie come along as a joint teach, and she was amazing! Valerie had a lot of the same concerns Erin has about being baptised, and she was able to help her so much in seeing that she can overcome these trials! It was amazing, and she is now on date to be baptised!! So that was amazing, and we're so excited to keep working with her! In other fun news, moves call happened Satruday! Elder Lowry will be leaving for Northern Ireland. It was sad to see him go, he's such an amazing kid and I loved working with him. I will be staying here in Aberdeen and training a new missionary! I am so excited! I love training and can't wait to meet this guy tomorrow! I have a little poem that I wanted to share with you all today, one that's really stood out to me! It's called the mirror. 

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife 
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.  


This just has always stood out to me, and I felt like I should share. Well I hope everyone has a great week!! Love ya!!  

--
Elder Palmer
Scotland/Ireland Mission
40 Liksfield Gardens
Aberdeen AB24 5PF

Comments

Popular Posts